Protein "Twix" Bars
For the shortbread crust
- ⅔ cup (85g) coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons (63g) pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (66g) coconut oil, solid, use refined for no coconut flavour
- 2 scoops (70g) SHDLCK Vanilla Protein Powder
For the caramel filling
- ½ cup (128g) creamy almond butter, I also love making these with cashew butter, or use sunflower seed butter or tahini for a nut-free option
- ⅓ cup (111g) pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (66g) coconut oil, melted, use refined for no coconut flavour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the chocolate topping
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted, use refined for no coconut flavour
- ¼ cup (21g) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (42g) pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 175 Degree Celsius. Grease a tart pan or square pan with baking paper.
- Put coconut flour and SHDLCK Vanilla Protein Powder in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and stir until fully combined and crumbly. Add the room temperature coconut oil and mix until a large dough ball forms, pressing out any clumps of coconut oil.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
- For the filling, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until all of the ingredients are melted and thoroughly combined. Pour over the crust and let cool in the refrigerator until set before topping with chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate topping, whisk together all of the ingredients and pour over the cooled caramel layer. Smooth evenly and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let cool until set. Slice into 16 squares. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Calories 186 Protein 4.4g Fat 16.6g Carbs 4.2g